Oregon Car Registration Change of Address

Have you recently moved to a new residence in Oregon? You will need to change the address on your car registration to keep it current.

Change of Address

You must notify the Oregon DMV of an address change within 30 days. There are four different ways of making a name change:

  1. Online - Update your U.S. address through DMV's Online Change of Address System.
  2. By Mail - Download the Change of Address Notice (Form 735-6438) and mail the completed form to DMV (this option will also update voter registration information).
  3. In person - Drop off or complete a Change of Address Notice (Form 735-6438) at your local DMV.
  4. For expatriates - For addresses outside of the U.S., use the Alternate Change of Address online option.

When submitting a change of address, you can update your permanent residence address, mailing address or both.